Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Word"less" Wednesday: A View of Homschooling

Blanket training! By the end of March I knew I needed to come up w/ something or lock Jack in his room while we did school. Molly Beth has been doing school for awhile now and that leaves Jack alone...to destroy my house!!! B/f, at least he and Molly Beth would play! Anyway, I had heard of blanket training b/f and decided to give it a try. Every day I put new things on the blanket and he is expected to sit and play until I let him up. And b/f he may get up he has to put everything back the way it was (this just buys me more time!). He only ends up having to stay there for a little over 1/2 an hour and has done GREAT (then he and B go off to play while I finish up w/ Suz)! I thought it would be really difficult, but he's been very compliant! It has made all the difference in our schooling and I highly recommend it to anyone that his homeschooling w/ little ones!

6 comments:

Grams said...

Now that's a neat idea!!

Grams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MamasHood said...

That is a good idea. I may have to try this when Mabry gets a little older.

Marie said...

I have heard about it and I bet it would be a huge blessing when homeschooling.

Marie said...

This has nothing to do with this post, but I was wondering if you would be willing to share your bread recipe with me. I am going to try it next week, but hate to just do one loaf. Thanks!

Jaime said...

I've heard of that before, too, but never tried it when mine were little. Glad it's working and alleviating a little of the stress! Yay for you and yay for Jack, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails