Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...April 9, 2009

Outside my window...it's kind of overcast. Hopefully it won't rain and the kids will get to play outside some.


I am thinking...that you shouldn't catch a cold in the spring! booooo...

From the learning room...I'm getting burnt out. I'm sure part of it is all the stuff I'm so focused on doing to get ready for the baby. I don't look forward to school. It's not horrible, just not exciting. We're nearing the finish line and I need to get motivated to start wrapping things up!

I am wearing...flannel pants and a tee shirt. I was up all night, not able to breathe so it's been a slow morning.

I am reading...Heart & Home: A Reaffirmation of Traditional Mothering

I am hoping...that the weather will be warm enough for sweet little Easter outfits and egg hunts and that we will all feel good by this weekend.

I am creating...little Easter outfits for the girls. I'm new to sewing so it might not work out. Plus, I'm not using a pattern (stupid!). We'll see.

I am hearing...the end of Homeward Bound. Like I said...it's been a slow morning.

Around the house...there is a lot of coughing and nose blowing going on.

One of my favorite things...Jack gallops everywhere he goes. I just love it!

A few plans for the rest of the week...we have been doing our Easter tree and devotionals every night this week. It's been really great. Tonight my parents are going to do a Seder. Not too sure how the little ones will do, but Suzannah will love it. It will be casual, of course, but still beautifully symbolic! :) Friday night Suzannah has another softball game. They won last week and she had such a great time. Then Billy and I will watch The Passion. That movie and this cold is a dangerous combination!!! I'm planning on having a few tissue boxes at hand! I love the way this time of year makes me fall in love w/ my Saviour all over again!

Here's a picture thought to share...

Yesterday we had the "end of ELO" picnic. The weather was perfect and the girls had a great time.








1 comment:

Laura said...

I don't think I have EVER seen one of your posts that didn't have a bazillion comments so imagine my surprise when this one didn't.

So... here's my comment so you will have one on this post :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails