Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

I saw a really funny April Fools joke in an issue of Family Fun magazine and decided to play a little joke on my sweeties!  I served them ostrich eggs and juice for breakfast.  I videoed their reaction (which was hilarious) but apparently I did something wrong b/c when I went to download it, it wasn't there.  Boooo.  Suzannah, being her little thinking self, said, "it doesn't look like a fried egg, it looks like a peach....and whipped cream."  HA!  So much for that!  They did think it was pretty cool though.  BUT THEN they went to drink their juice and I got 'em good.  I had made jello in mugs last night!  HA!  I wish you could have seen their reaction!!  It was hilarious.  They were so confused!  One out of two isn't too bad I guess.  ;)

Hope no one gotcha today!!!  Happy April Fools Day!  :)

*I did make them a real breakfast after they ate the joke!  ;)

10 comments:

Bethany said...

How funny! And what a fun mom you are!

The Clevelands said...

What - that's not a real breakfast?? :)

Jessica said...

that's funny!!!
peaches, whipped cream, and jello aren't a balanced breakfast?? sounds good to me!!!

Grams said...

What fun -- would have loved to be there!!

Jaime said...

Ha! I love it! I found the same website and got some fun ideas, but we didn't do breakfast. Breakfast tends to be rushed around here. I'll be posting about how I got the boys at lunch, though. :-) Fun stuff!

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

S- Hey there! Thanks for all your meal plan suggestions! I made granola bars this week! So yummy! They didn't stay together very well. I think maybe- I should not have melted the butter and just let it soften. Any suggestions? I also made pepperoni loaf- delcious and so easy. Also I was wondering if it's OK if I give a family at church your contact info. Their son Connor was just diagnosed with Type 1 DM, he is 3 and half. You more than anyone I know can relate to what they are going through. - Mo

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

P.S. I saw the jello in family fun too! So cute- didn't play any jokes this year- but saving them up for when my babies get older.

TexasNeals said...

Mo- Please feel free to give them my e-mail. I would love to be in contact w/ them!

neal_family4@yahoo.com

TexasNeals said...

oh, and maurine, w/ the granola bars, my advice would be to make sure you really press them in and make sure they are completely cooled? some people have suggested trying more honey? maybe give that a whirl? hope you find something that works for you! :)

Shari Lyle-Soffe said...

This is the most fun April Fool's joke I've ever heard of. It gave me a good chuckle.

I posted an interview with homeschool mom, Lisa Bently, on my blog this morning. I hope you like it. http://sharilyle-soffe.com

Shari

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails