Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...March 18, 2009

Outside my window...it is warm again!!! Yeah!

I am thinking...that it was a rough day.

From the Learning Room...not much exciting going on w/ school. But we are going to start the Little House on the prairie series next week and I think the girls will love it!!! :)

I'm thankful for...finally being able to wash clothes...and a Mom that let's me wash clothes at her house when I can't here.

From the kitchen...I'm wondering how long I'll have to do w/o cabinet doors?

I am wearing...flannel pants and a tee shirt (i love flannel pants!)

I am reading...nothing, but am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends!!!!

I am hoping...that we won't get just a ton of rain next week.

I am creating...I'm not really creating this, but I'm working on finding homemade/natural cleaners recipes. Everything from dishwasher soap (which I'm loving so far!) to tile cleaner.
I'm trying out several different recipes for each and hoping to find some really good one's that work for us.

I am hearing...silence. Ahh, my kids have been so loud and crazy!? It is spring fever? I don't
know, but it was about to drive me batty today!

Around the house...still working on getting things weeded out and organized. It's such a process but I know I'll be so glad I did it when I'm done.

One of my favorite things...watching the kids play pretend together.

A few plans for the rest of the week...hopefully yard work. Our yard looks so bad!

Here's a picture thought to share...





Be still my heart!!!!!!


3 comments:

jennifer said...

Just think how easily you can find things without cabin doors.:) Jack is so sweet!

Dixie said...

I want to hear how "Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends" is. My kids could use some pointers some times. It's hard to teach them to treasure one another when they take each other so for granted.
Also, tell me about the home made cleaners. Do they work just as well as store bought? Do you feel like you get things AS clean (as in "cleans 99.9% of germs" etc) I have make baking soda a regular addition to my cleaning repertoire, it's so cheap, but I wonder about its effectiveness of germ removal. Maybe once you get a bunch of recipes you could post them on your menu day:)
Talk to you soon
D

Jessi -in love with her boys:) said...

Oh Stacey or Stacie?
I so know your name I just have three Stacie friends who spell it differently.:D You are talking my language girl. I have made my cleaners and soaps for a couple of years and love it. I just recently found a device that adds an extra molecule to plain water and makes it 10 times more effective in sanitation than hospital grade cleaners and it is only water. Soooo safe for our families and you can use it everywhere. You can even buy the mop attachment and clean your floors with it. It is alittle pricey but it pays for itself after several uses. Good luck with your search. Have a great rest of the week

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails