Thursday, March 26, 2009

Praying For Our Children

I have shared before that I struggle w/ being and "all or nothing" kind of girl. Unfortunately this even carries over to my prayers. It's not that I don't pray, b/c I do. It's just that I get so overwhelmed w/ all the things I want to pray about that so often I just keep it at the basics.
When I was pregnant w/ Suzannah Billy's cousin gave me the book "The Power of a Praying Parent." If you haven't read it, you need to! She covers it all!!! Well, b/f she was born I copied all of the prayers onto big index cards and keep them by my bed. Some nights (I wish it was every night) I will get a card and us it as a jumping off point. It's been very helpful to me!
Then, last week, I saw this great post by a lady who's blog I love. It is so full of wisdom for young mothers!!! Anyway, it was a post about praying for your children. She listed 12 things to pray for and scripture to go along w/ it. Her recommendation was to pick one a month and focus on it and then at the end of the year you would have prayed for all of them. However you decide to do it, I just thought it was really great and wanted to share it. Praying for our children is so important!!!


I will pray for my children:
1. That they will know Christ early in life. Psalm 63:1; 2 Timothy 3:15
2. That they will hate sin. Psalm 97:10
3. That they will be caught when guilty. Psalm 119:71
4. That they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives; spiritual, emotional, physical. John 17:15
5. That they have a responsible attitude in all their personal relationships.Daniel 6:3
6. That they will respect those in authority over them. Romans 13:1
7. That they will desire the right kind of friends and be protected from the wrong friends. Proverbs 1:10-11
8. That they will be kept from the wrong mate and saved for the right one.2 Corinthians 6:14-17
9. That they, as well as those they marry, will be kept pure.1 Corinthians 6:18-20
10. That they will learn to totally submit to God and actively resist Satan in all circumstances. James 4:7
11. That they will be single-hearted, willing to be sold out to Jesus Christ.Romans 12:1-2
12. That they will be hedged in so they cannot find their way to wrong people or wrong places and that the wrong people cannot find their way to them. Hosea 2:6

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm totally copying this idea. I go through phases of praying diligently and then not, so hopefully the cards will help with keeping my prayers for Presley constant. Thank you!

Marie said...

This is awesome! I plan on getting some large cards this weekend and copying this idea. I hate to say it, but I go through phases with my prayer life- I hope this will help me stay more on track! Thanks for the wonderful idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails