Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Menu Plan...Tuesday

I believe that I have already established on this blog that I have issues! ;) Well, I'm about to share another one. I am a control freak....mainly when it comes to my own body. For example, I have a fear of being addicted to something...you know, something having control of me...my not being able to overcome it. This has actually been a huge blessing to me! Well, lately I have been feeling like the computer is becoming an addiction for me. I was starting to put off my kids so that I could get on the computer and putting off things that I needed to get done as well. It was all productive things that I was doing and I was learning so much, but I was really feeling like it had a hold of me and I don't like that. I don't want to make the computer more of a priority than my family. I still think that blogs are a wonderful thing that have blessed me, but I have really been trying to exercise self control....and this was definitely an area that I have not been in control of. So, I am limiting myself to computer time only after I have finished the things that I need to get done that day. NOT EASY!!! I've only been at this for 2 days and it has been embarrassingly difficult.
SO, that's why I wasn't able to get my menu posted yesterday....I know all of you were anxiously waiting! HA!
Nuff of that! On to our menu. Again, I'm trying to have a very frugal menu for this week.

Tuesday:
b- peanut butter toast and fruit
l- grilled cheese and tomato soup
d- chef salad and crusty bread (this one didn't get made last week as planned)

Wednesday:
b- scrambled eggs, sausage and toast w/ jelly
l- @ Mom's
d- Crock pot Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread

Thursday:
b- yogurt and granola, fruit
l- leftover spaghetti as spaghetti pie, salad, bread
d- @ Mom's

Friday:
b- eggs in a basket, fruit
l- salmon melts, carrot sticks, fruit salad
d- Calico beans (crock pot) and corn bread

Valentine's Day:
b- heart shaped pancakes, apple wedges w/ strawberry yogurt dip
l- beef and cabbage soup, spelt biscuits
d- individual heart shaped pizzas, tomato-cucumber-pepper salad
dessert- we will be making some special sweet treats this week. I'll let them pick what they want.

Sunday:
b- pumpkin muffins, bananas
l- OUT
d- bean cake sandwiches (using leftover beans), chips and dip, cherry tomatoes

Spaghetti Pie:
*spaghetti is great as leftovers w/o a makeover, but our family really likes this way of changing it up*
-1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
-1/2 c. whole milk
-1/2 tsp. sea salt
-1/2 tsp black pepper
-2 c/ leftover spaghetti
-1/2 c. olive oil
In a large bowl, beat Parmesan cheese, milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Add spaghetti and toss to coat.
In a 10 in. nonstick saute pan (i use my cast iron skillet), heat oil over medium heat. Add the pasta and spread evenly. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 8 minutes. Carefully invert the pasta onto plate, then slide back into pan.
Continue cooking until the bottom is golden brown and mixture is heated through, about 6 min.
Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle w/ Parmesan cheese. Cut into wedges and serve.

Bean Cake Sandwiches:
*this is a Paula Deen recipe that I've never tried. I watched her make it ages ago and it looked so good! We'll see.*
-3 cups leftover cooked white beans (mine won't all be white)
-All-purpose flour, enough to bind patties
-1 tablespoon butter
-1 tablespoon vegetable oil
-Mayonnaise
-8 slices bread

-1 small onion, sliced into rings
In a medium bowl, coarsely mash beans with a fork and add flour until well combined. Shape bean mixture into 4 patties. Melt butter and oil together in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bean patties, in batches as necessary, and brown on both sides until crispy.
Spread mayonnaise on 2 pieces of white bread. Place bean patty on bread and top with onions. Repeat to make 4 sandwiches


Strawberry Yogurt Dip
*it's pink! perfect for V-day! :) *
-1/2 cup cream
-3/4 cup plain yogurt
-1/4 t. vanilla
-a bit of honey to taste
-3/4 cup strawberries (we use frozen/thawed)
Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add remaining ingredients and continue to whip until strawberries are thoroughly mixed in (obliterated!).

5 comments:

Jessi -in love with her boys:) said...

I have had to do this as well.I actually started about 2 weeks ago and it has helped me with my bible study and school time and time just being a wife and mommy. I am proud of you .:) Thanks for the recipes

The Clevelands said...

I wish ya'll would stop being so good!!! I definitely need to follow the advice on the computer - I'm terrible! Keep on bloggin' about it Stacey - I'll get it figured out one of these days!

Missed you at ELO - hope ya'll are doing OK!

MamasHood said...

I know exactly what you mean about feeling like the computer is taking over. I realized over the weekend when I barely had access to a computer that I was too dependent. I told Mom that I was going to have to start waking up early so that I could get online and do the things I wanted, before Mabry was awake and then not get back on until things were done and she was sleeping.

Laura said...

Happy belated birthday to you! Happy belated birthday to you! Happy belated birthday dearest Stacey.....
Happy bleated birthday to you! And many many more!!

I have Steve's laptop for about an hour tonight while he takes Ethan out for some father son time and wanted everyone to know you are officially one year older and I am just now wishing you a happy one! I hope I can still claim best friend status!

Love ya so much!

The Clevelands said...

Happy Birthday, Stacey - hope you had a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails