Friday, January 2, 2009

My Husband Rocks Friday



He is an AWESOME cook!!!
Seriously! Not only can he grill, but he can cook. He has always been more natural in the kitchen than me. I am a "strictly by the recipe" kind of girl, and he just throws stuff in and makes up his own stuff!!! He has actually taught me a thing or two! I am thankful that he is comfortable in the kitchen. A lot of times he'll surprise me on the weekend by bringing home a few bags of groceries so that he can cook for us. It's always delicious! He totally rocks!

Now, just for fun, I saw this little tag on someones blog and thought it fit well w/ MHR, so here it goes!

Where did you meet? We met @ Harding the day Billy arrived. I was doing Student Impact and Michael (his older brother) and I went to help him move in.

Who long did you date b/f you were married? 2 1/2 years

What does he do that surprises you? hmmmm, he's definitely not predictable. I can't think of one specific thing, he surprises me all the time by doing things out of the blue. He's very fun and spontaneous.

What is your favorite quality of his? His integrity. He is just a very loyal, honest and all around good man!!!

What is your favorite feature of his? ooohh, that a toughie....which to pick. I honestly think that Billy is just beautiful (this is totally going to embarrass him, "sorry hon!"). Do you know how hard it is to date and be married to someone that is more beautiful than you....and he's a BOY?!?! I love his eyes, his legs, his hands, his neck, and his chin.....but my favorite feature of his is his lips. They are seriously perfect! What would I give for lips like those?! I hope our kids end up w/ his lips! :)

Does he have a nickname for you? "Red"

What is his favorite food? he loves bread! He also really likes cheese. He has a very well rounded pallet and although there were a couple of things that he didn't like b/f we got married (tomatoes and beans) there's really not anything I can think of that he doesn't like now. He's very easy to cook for!!! :)

What is his favorite sport? baseball....although I think he likes them all!

When and where was your first kiss? In the McInteer (sp?) building about a month after we started dating.

What do you like to do together? Everything. We really enjoy being together.

Do you have any children? almost 4

Does he have a hidden talent? I've already shared about how he can build furniture.....really, he's good at so much stuff. I don't know if I'd call it a talent but he can really draw well. Somewhere down the road he became convinced that he couldn't, so he'll deny it if you ask him, but he really can draw. If he had a little more confidence he could probably draw some really beautiful things!

Who said "I love you" first? Ha! He did. I was at my aunt's house and my uncle was sitting right there. He said it on the phone and I was so taken aback and embarrassed that I responded w/, "Me too." Almost as bad as "thank you"!!!

What is his favorite type of music? He really likes classical piano. Again, I probably just embarrassed him.

What do you admire most about him? He is just so "good to the core." I wouldn't know where to begin. He is also a very wise person. I really admire his wisdom too.

Do you think he will read this? I"m sure he will....it's My Husband Rocks Friday! He gets to have a little ego boost! HA! ;)

4 comments:

Katy Lin :) said...

that meal looks spectacular! and i love the tag! i'm totally going to do it! :)

Brad, Amy & Sadie said...

Yummy dinner! I am very impresed. Esp. with the asparagus. Brad has yet to try that, I think...

And the "survey" will be posted on my next "My Husband Rocks" post, for sure.

MamasHood said...

What a great post! Billy is lucky to have found such a loving and appreciative wife. And we are lucky to have you as part of the family.

Amy Mccathran said...

Great post Stacey! Billy is a great guy--you guys made such a wonderful couple from the beginning! Here's to many, many more years of happiness :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails