Monday, January 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday...again

Alright, I'm going to try this menu planning on my blog thing again. I don't know if it interests anyone at all, but it's good for me! :)
Menu Plan Monday
Monday:
breakfast-soaked oatmeal with fruit
lunch-sandwiches, pretzels, apples
dinner-Cabbage Casserole, sourdough biscuits
Tuesday:
breakfast-eggs in a basket and fruit
lunch-Salmon melts and veggies to dip
dinner-3 Cheese Spaghetti, salad, garlic toast
Wednesday:
breakfast-left over biscuits w/ butter and honey, fruit
lunch-veggie soup and crackers
dinner-left over spaghetti and salad
Thursday:
breakfast-Breakfast casserole
lunch-Quesadillas and smoothies
dinner-@ Mom's
Friday:
breakfast-cinnamon toast, yogurt and fruit
lunch-grilled cheese and tomato soup
dinner-Garlic Chicken Pizza
Saturday:
breakfast-left over breakfast casserole
lunch-left over pizza
dinner-Roast, potatoes, carrots, salad and rolls (Saturday is our "Family Feast Night." I hope to do a post about this special tradition soon! ;)
Sunday:
breakfast-banana bread
lunch-Potato soup w/ left over rolls
dinner-stirfry w/ left over roast
3 Cheese Spaghetti
*this is an all time family favorite and a super dish for company....and it's fabulous as left overs!!
-1 16 oz. pkg. spaghetti
-2c. (8oz) shredded mozzarella, divided
-3/4c. grated Parmesan cheese
-1/2c. grated Romano cheese (sometimes, if I can't find the Romano, I just use 1 c. of Parm.)
-3 eggs, beaten
-1 Tbs. olive oil
-2 tsp. garlic powder
-salt and pepper to taste
-1 jar (28oz) spaghetti sauce (I usually us the big can of Hunts spaghetti sauce)
1. Cook spaghetti according to pkg. directions; drain.
2. Add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, Parm, Romano, eggs, oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Press into a greased 13x9 baking dish.
3. Top w/ spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake @ 350 for 20 minutes.
4. Uncover and sprinkle w/ remaining mozzarella. Bake 10 minutes longer. Serve.
Strawberry Peach Slushies
*this is a great way to get spinach into your kids! Ours in the garden needs to get used and this is a very yummy way to do it!!!*
-2 cups frozen strawberries
-1 cup frozen peaches
-1 cup raw mixed greens or spinach
-honey to taste (start out w/ a few Tbs. You can always add more!)
-1 cup water
Put all ingredients into blender. Process until everything is mixed and becomes slushy.
Hope everyone is off to a great week in this new year! And I really want to encourage everyone to join the challenge.....y'all, it's really good! :)
For more great menu ideas go to orgjunkie.com.

7 comments:

Once Upon A Closet said...

Thank you!! I love your menu posts!

The Clevelands said...

As far as I'm concerned you can keep the menu posts coming. I'm planning to try to cabbage casserole sometime this week!

Laura said...

You go girl!! I know we both need to be organized and get into the routine thing!!

Menu's is an excellent start! Thanks

jaymie said...

i love reading this! my mouth is watering!!

Meredith H. H. said...

Keep it coming! You're an inspiration! I try to meal plan for Julian & me.....but it usually only happens once a month and I'm scrambling to piece things together (that can be either cooked during my mid-day work break or quickly in the evening)....I LOVE it when I actually have things planned in advance!

Brad, Amy & Sadie said...

Yum! I am going to try the recipes you gave. I made spinach "lasagna" (used cheese ravioli) last week and Sadie ate half of hers before she decided she "didn't like the green stuff." We'll see how it goes in a smoothie...

Though, I have to admit, I thought your spinach comment under the smoothie recipe title was a mistake... Sounds very interesting.

The Clevelands said...

Cabbage casserole - yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails