Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Here Goes Nuthin'

OK, b/f you call me crazy....I am not "potty training" Jack! This is what I have done w/ all my kiddos. When they start showing "the signs" I introduce the potty seat. Jack has been showing all the signs of being ready to be potty trained and has even pee-peed and poo-pooed in the toilet a couple of times. SO, while we were at the grocery store this morning we picked out a new potty for him (it's a really good design, I love it!) and some big boy training pants. As soon as we got home he wanted to sit on it. He sat and passed gas. I praised him and went to get him a reeses pieces candy and when I turned back around, he was going pee!!! We all cheered and made a big deal out of it and he was so proud. Really, the way I start all this is just for fun. The underwear and the new potty and the candy reward are just to peak his interest. Whether or not he'll run w/ it, only time will tell. But I have definitely learned that potty training is all on their time schedule. If he wants to continue to use his potty I'll put in the extra effort to train him, but if he asks for a diaper or get's unexcited about the potty, I have no problem w/ putting him back in diapers!!!! We'll see.....

4 comments:

The Clevelands said...

Wouldn't that be cool to have only the baby in diapers??!! Hopefully he'll continue to show interest!

MamasHood said...

That would be great if he was ready now. What a big boy! I am so intimidated by the idea of training Mabry.

April said...

Good for him! I'm the exact same way about potty training. I much prefer the child to be trained...I don't need to be trained, thanks anyways. ;)

Josiah told me he needed to poo poo this morning, so I took him to the potty. Sure enough! He went in the potty! Pooped and peed. Yippee! So...we might be on the potty training road, too. I'm still waiting to see before I say for sure.

Silverthornes said...

what a cutie! I agree that it is great to get them interested early on! Yummy reeses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails