Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!!!

I have been looking forward to tomorrow for weeks now. I have my resolutions all listed and am eager to start 2009. It's interesting how, though some of my resolutions are the same as years past (and will stay resolutions for the rest of my life), my goals have changed. This year inparticular, they all seem to focus around relationships. Anyway, I mentioned in an earlier post that I am starting a challenge tomorrow for The True Woman Make-over. My BFF, Laura already started and said it has really blessed her already (she is going to host an online book club starting Jan 5 on the book, Biblical Womanhood in the Home, if anyone is interested in joining)!!! I haven't done the challenge yet, but I think the premise is that we focus so much on all the things the Proverbs 31 woman accomplished that we miss the point of the chapter. Nancy says that it's her reverence for God that is what is so amazing about this woman and that rather than trying to emulate all she does we should be striving to emulate her reverence for God.
2009 is going to be a wonderful year full of blessings and I pray that it is a year that brings you closer to God! May He open our eyes to his greatness and fill our hearts w/ a love like we've never known that we can't help but share! :)

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work w/in us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20

Oh, and we will be having a sonogram on Feb. 2, so feel free to vote on the poll to the left. We (I) decided to find out. I just really feel like it helps me bond with the baby and is great motivation during labor! :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

My book has not come in at Lifeway so the book club may be a week or so delayed. I would really like to start it on a Monday!!

Thanks for the shout out! Hope we get some more to join!!

kt said...

I'm taking the challenge with you and have sent the link to all my online girl friends.

I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me in 2009! I'm glad you and your family will be part of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails