Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day

I know it's a day late, but I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to brag on my Dad.
My Dad joined the Army when I was one year old. He was a chaplain and I was always so proud of him! I think that being a soldier is so admirable! Pride for our country seems to be dwindling, but there are some that are willing to make the sacrifices to serve our country. And trust me, there are sacrifices. My Dad would have to go to the field for weeks at a time for training in conditions that were less than pleasant. We had to pack up and move every 3 years. We had to live far from family. There's always the chance that you will be called to war....and the list goes on. I don't remember my Dad ever complaining about his job.
Anyway, I am so proud of him. He climbed the ladder all the way to Colonel and decided to retire early to move close to Suzannah after she was diagnosed (which was no small sacrifice, but he'll tell you it was more than worth it).
I'm proud to be an American and have such a deep respect for all the soldiers that serve this country and leave their families to protect our freedoms.
So, Happy Veteran's Day Dad, and all you soldiers out there. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.




I loved how Jack was looking at him in this picture. He is a huge Pops fan! :)
Aren't they cute in their matching camo?! ;)

1 comment:

The Clevelands said...

Amen - thanks to all those who sacrifice to serve our country!

P.S. Hope the sick kiddo(s)/mommy is feeling better soon! We missed you at ELO!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails