Monday, October 6, 2008

Our Menu

I LOVE planning our menus! I have been doing it for 9 years now. I make my menu Monday night and go grocery shopping Tuesday. This will probably bore most of you to tears, but for those of you who like to try new recipes and get inspiration from others....here ya go! :)

Monday

Breakfast: Granola, Milk, Toast (I make our bread and it's a wonderufl recipe. I'll have to share it some time!! :) w/ apple butter, Grapes

Lunch: Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup, Apples

Dinner: Chili, Fritos, Sour Cream

Tuesday

Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Toast w/ jam, Oranges

Lunch: Ham and Cheese sandwiches, Cheddar Bunnies, Cantaloupe

Dinner: Stuffed Shells, Salad, Garlic Bread

Wednesday


Breakfast: Cinnamon Toast, Cantaloupe

Lunch: @ Mom's after ELO

Dinner: Red Beans and Rice (brown), Corn Bread

Thursday

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/ apples, raisins, bananas

Lunch: Egg Salad Sandwiches, Carrots and Celery

Dinner: @ Mom's

Friday

Breakfast: Granola (another super and simple recipe) and milk, Fruit Salad

Lunch: Macaroni and Cheese, Peas

Dinner: Pizza (Supreme and Cheese), Veggie Platter w/ Pioneer Woman's Ranch Dressing

Saturday

Breakfast: Blueberry Pancakes, Bacon, Bananas

Lunch: out

Dinner: Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes/Gravy, Creamed Corn, Green Beans, Whole Wheat Salad, Rolls

Sunday

Breakfast: Applesauce Bread

Lunch: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (always, always boil the carcase for soup!!!!! :)

Dinner: Chicken Salad (w/ last of chicken), Crackers, and Ice Cream for dessert! YUM!


It's nothing special but there you have it. And for more menu ideas go to orgjunkie.com.




10 comments:

The Clevelands said...

I love menu planning! Be sure to post your recipes for bread and granola.

Brad, Amy & Sadie said...

Oh, Stace, there is so much I can learn from you. You must be the daughter my mother always wished she had... Oh, wait. She has Karalyn. HA.

Thanks for the ideas and the website. You can bet I am taking note!

(I boiled and deboned my first chicken a few weeks ago to make Mexican Chicken. I am making progess. Baby steps.)

YaYa and Pops said...

Amy,

She is the daughter any mother would wish she had.....but I am the blessed mother who got her!!

You are the daughter your mother is so thankful for also. She has told me! (But she is glad you are cooking more! Ha)

Once Upon A Closet said...

I love menu planning! I thought I was the only weird one out there who enjoyed it. Maybe part of it is that I like food so much!

I made my first batch of potato soup last night! I love fall food!

Laura said...

I loved that website! makes you want to organize and actually plan some things out huh? Well, I have good intentions you know but doubt that it will ever get past the "planning" stage!!

Amy Mccathran said...

I love menu planning too, but I usually only plan out dinners. I'm excited to check out the website you included. Thanks for the yummy ideas :)

Jessica said...

you are the most organized mom I know!!!

TexasNeals said...

jessica......i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO not!!! a menu just keeps me from spending all day in the kitchen coming up w/ stuff to put in my kids mouths!! honestly...organized is not a word i would use to describe myself....only in my dreams!!!!

Jenny said...

ok...so now that i am starving....i love menu planning too! and i would love your bread and granola recipes! 0h - and your homemade chicken noodle soup recipe!

Caldwell Clan said...

I am also a big menu planner. I do it two weeks at a time. I definalty want your soup and granola recipes. I don't know if I could ever go for the bread, it seems very time consuming, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Oh yeah, and what is applesauce bread? sounds yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails