Friday, September 12, 2008

"My Husband Rocks" Friday




I thought this was a fun little thing. I'm not sure I'll be committed enough to do it every Friday, but I'll catch it as much as I can. You can click on the picture to find out more, but basically you are supposed to share a story about why your husband rocks. Let me count the ways!!! I honestly, genuinely believe that I an the luckiest girl in the world! I'll spare you all the sappy stuff and just share the sweet things that he does for us throughout the week.

So, this week.......
It was totally pouring on Monday. I watched the mailman pull up to our box and watched very carefully to see if he was putting anything in there that would be worth getting wet for. Well, he did, but I got distracted by something and didn't make it out. Later, when Billy was getting in his truck to go back to work (from lunch) I asked him if he'd drive down and get the mail and bring it back to me. He was running late and said that he probably shouldn't. I said, "ok" and kissed him goodbye. About 3 minutes later there was a knock on the door. I opened it to see a soggy William holding my new magazine. Awwwww, I thought that was so sweet and just one of the many ways he goes out of his way to show me how much he loves me.
He always calls when he's on his way home to see if there's anything I need him to pick up. Not to mention the nights he's had to work late....I definately see working hard and doing your best at your job as a way of loving your family, and "rocking." Last night he got home late, sweaty, tired and hungry. Molly Beth wasn't feeling good and I was trying to rock her to sleep...w/ Jack crawling all over the bed. Billy came in, saw that Jack was giving me a hard time and grabbed him. I'm sure he was looking forward to showering and eating dinner (it was after 8!!!) but, w/o me even asking, he helped me out. What can I say.....
My husband totally rocks!!!!!! :)

Oh, and I am totally buying the shirt! I will take a picture as proof! ;)



3 comments:

Katy Lin :) said...

what a great guy! thanks for joining us :) hope you have a fabulous weekend!

jennifer said...

You don't need the picture I totally believe you will buy the T-shirt. :) He is pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

Debra said...

That is such a great post! Thanks for sharing with us!

Blessings to you both!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails