Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day (all three of them)

My Mom's favorite blog, Rock's in My Dryer had a fun thing going on for Monday. I wasn't able to get in on the action until now, so here it goes.
In honor of Labor Day, my labor stories, not in full...you're welcome! ;)

How long were your labors?
#1, 9 hours
#2, 4 1/2 hours
#3, 3 hours 15 minutes

How did you know you were in labor?
#1, my water broke (3 weeks early)
#2, I was almost 2 weeks overdue and finally woke up w/ painful contractions in the middle of the night. A shower didn't slow them down, so I figured it was time.
#3, I was overdue and pretty sure that the contractions I was having were getting serious. I went to bed and was able to sleep through them. When they woke me up, I knew it was time.

Where did you deliver?
#1, Longview Regional
#2, Baptist Memorial (San Antonio)
#3, Home

Drugs?
no

C-Section?
thank God, no

Who Delivered?
#1, me, but Dr. Hutchison caught her
#2, me, but Jan, a midwife in the hospital caught her
#3, me, but Shayna, a midwife (in training) at our home caught him
*can you tell that I want the credit?! ;)


Kind of fun FYI. HA, as I read over it, I see a trend. If we have another one, he/she will probably be delivered by Billy in the back yard!!!!! :)

8 comments:

The Venables said...

I love it! Here's to backyard babies!:) Your blog is always so encouraging to me....keep writing!
love,
addie

Dixie said...

I'm sure Billy is MORE than capable of delivering in the backyard...you may not want to encourage him too much!
D

The Clevelands said...

What fun - I may have to post it as well!

Silverthornes said...

umm, if I have another baby, I will come talk to you. I have always wanted to deliver at home.
YOU did a great job by the way
There's some credit for ya. :)

Laura said...

I think the next one should be delivered while Jack is strapped on your back and you are working in the garden. Then you could scoop the baby up and nurse him while you are making homemade bread. Don't forget that your other 2 are "tomato staked" within 3 feet of you the whole time too. Billy doesn't need to help. Then you can truly call your self a "Hillbilly Housewife"!!

Brad, Amy & Sadie said...

No drugs?! Impressive.

April said...

Wow. The labor times really DO have a serious trend--and none of them were long?!? What a gift. I'm so thankful that deliveries are smooth for you...and, YES, it is YOU who delivered!!! :) I agree wholeheartedly with you! I'm glad you like home births, because with your trend you would likely have one whether or not that was your preference. ;) I love the fact that you did not use any meds. Thanks for sharing your stories!

Chris & Becky said...

YOU DID SUCH A GREAT JOB WITH YOU BABIES! THEY ARE ALL SO SWEET, SMART AND BEAUTIFUL. DOES THAT COME FROM YOUR SIDE OR BILLY'S?
I WAS IN LABOR FOR MAYBE AN HOUR AND 1/2 BEFORE THEY TOOK CALEB. MY WATER HAD BROKEN THE DAY BEFORE AND I WAS TERRIFIED! FUN MEMORIES RIGHT?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails