Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Almost Time to Walk


Things have been so busy around here. I'm still trying to find the balance of school, house, kids and all the other responsibilities I have. I am not a good juggler...never have been! For me, one extra thing a day for several days in a row wears me out!!! I know some people thrive on staying busy...I'm just not good like that!!! :)
This won't be a particularly busy week, but we will be heading to Dallas on Friday for the Walk (Sat.). We are super excited and want to thank everyone that has contributed!!!! I can't tell you how much it means to us! We have raised over $2,000.00!!!!!! That is a lot of money! We continue to pray for a cure and preferably in time for Suzannah to benefit from it! ;) They are making leaps and bounds in their research to find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes!!! It won't be long and the money will really help! If you wanted to donate it's not too late!!! I have several checks that we will be taking w/ us to turn in at the race or you can donate on line by clicking on the icon on the upper left corner of my blog. I can't wait to post pictures of it....I think it's going to be a really great weekend! OH, and if you're interested in joining our team, it's not too late either!!
Thanks again guys! This is such a great cause! So many children are effected by this disease and it isn't their fault! This type of Diabetes isn't b/c the kids didn't exercise enough or ate too many sugary foods....it is purely genetic! Infants get this! In fact, I saw a little toddler at Splash Kingdom w/ diabetes....it broke my heart. K, enough rambling. Again, we're getting so excited. Thanks again....so much! :)



5 comments:

jennifer said...

Way to go team Suzy-Q!! We love you all.

Grams said...

Hope y'all have a great time. I'll be thinking of you -- can't wait to see the pics. You go Q -
Love Grams

April said...

I am so glad you are making this walk a priority. Sounds like your whole family is excited about it; what a neat way to contribute and make a difference! I hope it all goes well and I look forward to reading all about it!!!

Dixie said...

I'll be thinking about y'all on Sat. I hope it all goes well. I know you'll update us when you get home.

On another note, I was wondering if you would give me your (or was it your mom's) recipe for hammy wammies. I remember those so well and I'd like to fix them for our small group on Sat. It's sandwich night. If you have a spare moment, could you email it to me? Thanks
ericdixie@yahoo.com

Rusty and Ann said...

Go Suz! We love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails