Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Challenge

One week down. I feel like the challenge is going well. It was really difficult at first. I just noticed how frequently I joke in a negative way. I have really had to hold my tongue a couple of times, but it's getting so much easier. I decided to take the challenge one step further and not allow myself to think anything negative either. I think this has been the hardest thing so far. I have simply decided not to give myself permission to think about and certainly not dwell on negative things toward my husband. I believe that everything starts in our head. What we let ourselves think, we eventually say and/or do. SO, by not even taking the opportunity to think negative thoughts, I'm hoping negative words won't even be an issue. We'll see, it's only week one!

I am so excited that so many of you are taking the challenge w/ me. How's it going for you?

Here are a few more "inspirations" from the site for week #2:
day 8:let him know how you appreciate his faithfulness, to you and to God
day 9: really focus on listening to him
day 10: tel him what it is that makes him so attractive to you
day 11: think about the things about your husband that you really respect
day12: look at him through eyes of grace. thank him for what he is already doing
day 13: encourage his love making and masculinity in positive ways
day 14: praise your husband for his integrity

K, now to something fun and silly to encourage you! :) I saw this little quiz and took it. Honestly, some of the questions are just plain ridiculous, but it's really fun. Give it a try and boost your confidence as a good wife! :)

105

As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Superior

Take the test!


HA! I would not have scored so high w/o some of the changes I started this month! I'll have to keep it up so that I can have the satisfaction of knowing that I would have made the grade in the 1930's...even if I wear pajamas and fail to wash the top of the milk carton before opening it!! :)
I just realized that my test won't link to the test so here's the link magatsu.net/maritaltest/


4 comments:

TexasNeals said...

just for fun i "took" the husband test for billy. he got a wopping 150! go him!!! i'm telling you, he is seriously the best husband (and i'm not just saying that to get points for bragging about him to others....he really is)! some of the questions were equally ridiculous! you should check it out just for laughs! ;)

Laura said...

I too was a superior wife!! Maybe we should share our wealth of knowledge!! ;)

Rusty and Ann said...

I was only superior, not very superior. I think the sock darning got me!

Amy Mccathran said...

Somehow I got "very superior" too--I guess the challenge really is working :) Seriously, it has made me think before speaking which is a GREAT thing...I also feel both Ty and I are trying to do more kind things for each other. It does help to have a great husband :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails